Oh, I am so relieved. Jo knows; she knows that I am growing weaker every day and that my life might end very soon. I am glad that I do not have to tell anyone, for Mother and Father recognized the change for the worse in my appearance when Jo and I arrived home from our visit to the seashore. One day while we were at the beach, I realized that Jo knew how sick I was. She thought I was asleep. I felt her holding me tighter and I looked up to see eyes filled with tears. That's when I noticed that Jo knew I was dying and I wouldn't recover. When she asked why I didn't tell her about it, I answered that I thought I was mistaken. Since nobody approached the subject of my illness, I wasn't sure. I did not want to be selfish by worrying Marmee and Father if nothing was wrong.
Still, I must say, I am not sorry to go. Death will be a calm ending to all of my sufferings. I shall miss my loving family, but I will see them soon enough. I can only hope my family will accept my death, and that it will not hurt them too much. This shall be my last entry as I am so weak that I can barely lift my hand. Goodbye to all.
